Re: chained transactions

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: chained transactions
Date: 2018-11-04 11:20:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Peter,

> Attached is a rebased patch set. No functionality changes.

Patch applies cleanly, compile, global make check ok, doc gen ok.

Shouldn't psql tab completion be updated as well?

About the code:

I must admit that do not like much the three global variables &
Save/Restore functions. I'd suggest saving directly into 3 local variables
in function CommitTransactionCommand, and restoring them when needed. Code
should not be longer. I'd would not bother to skip saving when not
chaining.

Copying & comparing nodes are updated. Should making, outing and reading
nodes also be updated?

About the tests: I'd suggest to use more options on the different tests,
eg SERIALIZABLE, READ ONLY… Also ISTM that tests should show
transaction_read_only value as well.

--
Fabien.