Re: pgbench -M option can be specified more than once

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgbench -M option can be specified more than once
Date: 2018-11-03 07:33:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Tatsuo-san,

> While playing with pgbench, I found multiple "-M query_mode" can be
> set more than once.

As already said by others, the "last one win" is somehow a useful feature,
so I'd prefer avoiding erroring out on this one.

This could leave:

(1) improving pgbench doc by spelling out the last one win behavior, but
this is rather standard ;

(2) only warning when this accurs, but that would become noisy for
legitimate uses ;

(3) doing nothing about it.

--
Fabien.