Re: pgbench: improve --help and --version parsing

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Andrei Korigodski <akorigod(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench: improve --help and --version parsing
Date: 2018-07-23 11:47:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Michaël,

>> I doubt that -V & -? are heavily tested:-) Patch works for me, though.
>
> They are not, and the patch misses this area.

Indeed.

> I don't think that it is a bad idea to improve things the way you are

For the record, this is not my patch, I'm merely reviewing it.

> doing, however you should extend program_version_ok() and
> program_help_ok() in src/test/perl/TestLib.pm so as short options are
> tested for two reasons:

Interesting, I did not notice these functions before. I fully agree that
manual testing is a pain for such a simple change.

Do you mean something like the attached?

--
Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
testlib-help-version-1.patch text/plain 2.8 KB