Re: [HACKERS] pow support for pgbench

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Raúl Marín Rodríguez <rmrodriguez(at)carto(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pow support for pgbench
Date: 2017-12-21 21:48:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Raúl,

>> v7 needs a rebase.
>>
>> Also, you might try to produce a version which is compatible with Robert's
>> constraints.

My 0.02€ on this new version: Applies cleanly, compiles and works.

I cannot say that I like it more than the previous version.

If a double is always returned, I'm wondering whether keeping the ipow
version makes much sense: In case of double loss of precision, the
precision is lost, too bad, and casting back to int won't bring it back.

In the doc, I'm not sure that "Numeric" brings anything. "Exponentiation"
would be enough.

Also, in pg I just noticed that POW is a shorthand for POWER. Maybe both
should be supported? Or not.

--
Fabien.