Re: pgbench tap tests & minor fixes.

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Nikolay Shaplov <dhyan(at)nataraj(dot)su>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench tap tests & minor fixes.
Date: 2017-08-31 12:40:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Nikolay,

Thanks for the review!

As for function names, committers can have their say. I'm somehow not
dissatisfied with the current version, but I also agree with you that they
are imperfect.

As for included bug fixes, I can do separate patches, but I think that it
is enough to first commit the pgbench files and then the tap-test files,
in that order. I'll see what committers say.

When/if this patch is committed, it should enable to add more tests quite
easily to the numerous pgbench patches already in the pipe for quite some
time... In particular, adding the new functions and operators to pgbench
expressions patch is waiting for this to go to ready to committers.

A further caveat to committers: I'm unsure about what happens on Windows.
I've done my best so that it should work.

--
Fabien.