Re: Variable substitution in psql backtick expansion

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Variable substitution in psql backtick expansion
Date: 2017-04-03 07:43:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Tom,

> about version numbers [...] Of course, there are probably other ways to
> do that, but my point is that you haven't made a case why we need to put
> this in now rather than later.

Indeed, I have not. What about having the ability to test for minor
versions?

\if false
-- pre 10.0
\q
\endif
SELECT :VERSION_NUM < 100002 AS minor_not_ok \gset
\if :minor_not_ok
\echo script requires at least pg 10.2
\q
\endif

Otherwise it will wait for next CF. Note that the patch is pretty minor
and straightforward, no need to spend much time on it.

--
Fabien.