Re: Small issue in online devel documentation build

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Small issue in online devel documentation build
Date: 2017-02-16 20:35:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

>> My point is that some xsl file should be fixed somewhere, probably, to avoid
>> that.
>
> Yeah, I noticed this too, and I think Ashutosh also complained about
> it on another thread. It's pretty annoying - I hope somebody can
> figure out the cause and fix it. It seems to be only affecting the
> development docs.

My 0.02€:

After some random digging, it seems that the documentation files are
loaded from provided tarballs by a script: "tools/docs/docload.py"
maintained in "pgweb.git". Maybe this is run from some cron.

AFAICS from the script, the provided tarballs contains the generated html
that someone/something has already generated and put somewhere. I have
found no clear clue about who, where and when. However I would bet that
"Magnus Hagander" and "Dave Page" know, given that they commits suggest
that they are maintaining the site:-)

The load script passes the doc through "tidy" with some options, and
registers the pages into a database probably for django. I doubt this
would change the ul class.

--
Fabien.