Re: Refactoring pgbench.c

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Refactoring pgbench.c
Date: 2015-06-28 18:37:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> This is kind of surprising to me that two people are against
>> refactoring proposal (I understand that Fabien has pending patches for
>> pgbench and that could be a motivation for this though).
>
> I think that's a misunderstanding. I'm not against refactoring - not at all,
> and neither is Fabien I believe.

Indeed I'm not, I was writing about splitting "pgbench.c" into several
files. Although, as Tatsuo-san noted, I'm probably against a refactoring
before the patches I already submitted get considered:-)

Really refactoring would mean breaking apart the long functions, but these
are long for some reasons (say global goto to handle errors...), so how to
do something very useful on that line is not clear to me.

--
Fabien.