Re: run xmllint during build (was Re: need xmllint on borka)

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: run xmllint during build (was Re: need xmllint on borka)
Date: 2014-09-14 07:34:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Peter,

> I've committed the $(missing) use separately,

That was simple and is a definite improvement.

Tiny detail: the new DBTOEPUB macro definition in "src/Makefile.global.in"
lacks another tab to be nicely aligned with the other definitions.

> and rebased this patch on top of that.

Applied and tested, everything looks fine.

The only remaining question is whether the xmllint check should always be
called. You stated that it was stricter than sgml processing, so I would
think it worth to always call it, but this is really a marginal
preference. I think it is okay if some slaves in the build farm do build
the various targets.

--
Fabien.