Re: pgbench throttling latency limit

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Rukh Meski <rukh(dot)meski(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench throttling latency limit
Date: 2014-09-12 17:59:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The output would look something like this (modified from the manual's example
> by hand, so the numbers don't add up):
>
> 0 199 2241 0 1175850568 995598 1020
> 0 200 2465 0 1175850568 998079 1010
> 0 201 skipped 1175850569 608 3011
> 0 202 skipped 1175850569 608 2400
> 0 203 skipped 1175850569 608 1000
> 0 204 2513 0 1175850569 608 500
> 0 205 2038 0 1175850569 2663 500

My 0.02€: ISTM that the number of columns should stay the same whether it
is skipped or not, so the "file_no" should be kept. Maybe to keep it a
number would make sense (-1) or just a sign (-) which means "no value"
with gnuplot for instance. Or "skipped".

Basically I would be fine with that, but as I do not use the log file
feature I'm not sure that my opinion should count.

Note that there are also potential issues with the aggregate logging and
the sampling stuff.

--
Fabien.