Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3
Date: 2013-09-23 05:44:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Josh,

> As long as you're hacking pgbench output, what about offering a JSON
> option instead of the text output? I'm working on automating pgbench
> performance testing, and having the output in a proper delimited format
> would be really helpful.

I'm more a "grep | cut | ..." person, but I do understand your point about
automation. My favorite hack is to load benchmark data into sqlite and
perform query to build data extract for gnuplot figures.

So I can put that in the stack of things to do when I have some time.

Due to the possibly repetitive table structure of the data, maybe CSV
would make sense as well. It is less extensible, but it is directly usable
by sqlite or pg.

--
Fabien.