Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning.

From: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Brad Nicholson <bnichols(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning.
Date: 2010-07-12 09:45:48
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Doesn't pgpool do this?
>
> No, and in fact that's exactly why the proposed implementation isn't
> ever going to be in core: it's not possible to do it portably.

I'm surprised. Doesn't apache httpd do this? Does it have to do a whole
load of non-portable stuff? It seems to work on a whole load of platforms.

Matthew

--
I would like to think that in this day and age people would know better than
to open executables in an e-mail. I'd also like to be able to flap my arms