Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used?

From: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Carey <scott(at)richrelevance(dot)com>, "fkater(at)googlemail(dot)com" <fkater(at)googlemail(dot)com>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inserting 8MB bytea: just 25% of disk perf used?
Date: 2010-01-21 12:13:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Greg Smith wrote:
>>> In the attachement you'll find 2 screenshots perfmon34.png
>>> and perfmon35.png (I hope 2x14 kb is o.k. for the mailing
>>> list).
>
> I don't think they made it to the list?

No, it seems that no emails with image attachments ever make it through
the list server. Someone mentioned something about banning the guy who set
the list up from the internet or something.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2008-01/msg00290.php

Matthew

--
Bashir: The point is, if you lie all the time, nobody will believe you, even
when you're telling the truth. (RE: The boy who cried wolf)