PostgreSQL expert (remote)

From: Jon Jensen <jobs(at)endpoint(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL expert (remote)
Date: 2009-11-07 18:42:46
Lists: pgsql-jobs

At End Point Corporation we are looking for an expert PostgreSQL DBA
consultant to help support our clients.

Above all we need someone who pays attention to detail, is careful with
production systems, and can work successfully on a team through complex
migrations and upgrades.

Some work is typical system administration, such as setting up,
configuring, and maintaining the operating system, supporting packages,
and database software. We manage Postgres installations ranging from the
8.1 era to the current release, and replication systems such as Bucardo
and Slony, mostly on Linux.

You'll also need relational database skills such as developing and tuning
complex SQL queries; writing functions; working with constraints, rules,
triggers, and views; and dealing with applications and ORMs.

Our consultants interact directly with our clients via telephone, email,
and instant messaging, so you need to communicate well with spoken and
written English.

This is a full-time salaried position with benefits including health
insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401(k) plan. Our employees work
primarily from their home offices. Generally little travel is required.
Employees in the United States must be legally authorized to work in the
U.S.

Apply by emailing jobs(at)endpoint(dot)com with details about your experience and
salary expectations. Principals only, please.

Thanks,
Jon

--
Jon Jensen