Re: JDBC Driver can't read UUID from database

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Dean Schulze <dschulze(at)knowledgefactor(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDBC Driver can't read UUID from database
Date: 2012-06-06 08:12:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, Dean Schulze wrote:

> I'm using Hibernate (3.6 and 4.0) with Postgresql 9.1.  Our tables have
> UUIDs in them and your driver is trying to convert UUIDs to longs:

This is a hibernate mapping problem, not a JDBC Driver problem. If you
have a plain ResultSet and call getString() on a UUID field, it will
certainly work. Mapping the UUID to BLOB or CLOB is incorrect. I'm not
sure why your attempt to map it to a String didn't work, but you are
not convincing Hibernate to use a plain getString call.

Kris Jurka