Re: oid int issue with CachedRowSet upgrading from JDBC 8.4 to 9.1

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: otran <otran(at)switchfly(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: oid int issue with CachedRowSet upgrading from JDBC 8.4 to 9.1
Date: 2012-03-13 00:39:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012, otran wrote:

> We are in the process of upgrading from Postgres JDBC 8.4 to 9.1-901-1.jdbc4
> and discovered that CacheRowSet now call the methods isAutoIncrement() and
> fetchFieldMetaData(), which will fail converting a OID to an int.

I have pushed a fix for this to git for 9.1 and master. Thanks for the
report.

I've found another problem with master for binary transfer setup with high
OIDs. If people want to test this situation and don't have a high
oid use database handy, you can set the oid counter to an arbitrary
value with pg_resetxlog.

Kris Jurka