Re: 9.0 and pg_stat_activity.application_name

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.0 and pg_stat_activity.application_name
Date: 2010-07-02 01:15:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> will there be a way in the upcoming 9.0 driver to set the new
> application_name property for pg_stat_activity?

Not as of yet, but it hasn't been finalized either. For the moment it
must be SET like any other GUC option.

> If yes, how will this work?

When implemented I imagine that it will be able to be set at connection
start via a URL or datasource parameter and then at runtime by
Connection.setClientInfo("ApplicationName", "My App").

Kris Jurka