Re: Column is of type date but expression is of type text

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: list_usr(at)spacebox(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Column is of type date but expression is of type text
Date: 2010-02-20 19:21:40
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, list_usr(at)spacebox(dot)net wrote:

> Re: version, good question - I have both postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc3.jar
> and postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar in my Apache Tomcat 5.5 common/lib
> directory. Would that cause a problem?
>
> I'm using PostgreSQL 8.4. Java 1.6.
>
> Your example code worked with both jdbc3 and jdbc4, but my code still
> isn't working.

Well those versions are all recent enough not to have any problems. If my
code works and yours doesn't it's likely you're not telling us something
about your code. If you can create a self-contained testcase like I did
then I'd be happy to look at it, but it doesn't look like a driver
problem.

Kris Jurka