Re: RFC: Hosting mailing lists of 3rd party projects

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, PostgreSQL - WWW ML <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2011-02-25 03:25:22
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Marc, please review this thread.
>

> Excerpts from Selena Deckelmann's message of lun feb 21 20:49:35 -0300 2011:
>
>> +1 with a couple requests.
>>
>> * Can we identify who the people with mailing list creation power are,
>
> IIRC that's Marc, Stefan and Dave.

And, purely by oversight, you should be part of that list as well, I think
... unless there is a reason you *wouldn't* want it ...

>> and make an announcement somewhere as they are created? If that's here
>> (pgsql-www), fine.
>
> +1 on this.

+1 on this too ... note that the only lists that I've created of late have
been pugs related lists, as required by Selena (usually) ... I just
figured there was a reason why nothing was announced publicly *shrug*

>> * Can we make it easier to change who is the mailing list
>> administrator, or have a policy about who is the administrator for
>> these lists? I'm guessing that this may change more frequently in the
>> side projects than it does in the core pgsql lists.
>
> +1 on this. Of course, we are not going to change admins for the core
> mailing lists.

'k, what do you mean by 'change who is the mailing list admin'? if you go
to http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwadm and login with your password,
you can go under Configuration -> Passwords and add / remove
administrators for those lists you are already an admin for ...

... I realize this was never mentioned before, but, honestly, nobody had
ever asked about it either ... its something all list admins (from what I
can tell from here) have access to ...

>> I've asked to be removed as an administrator from a few lists multiple
>> times, with no response.
>
> Whom did you ask?

+1 ... I try and respond to any requestions you (selena) have made
directly to me in timely manners ... dont' recall any request to removce
as admin :(

Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy(at)hub(dot)org http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ:7615664 MSN:scrappy(at)hub(dot)org