Re: Mail delays (was: Sending the beta4 release announcement, don't approve ...)

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mail delays (was: Sending the beta4 release announcement, don't approve ...)
Date: 2010-08-04 17:48:16
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mi? ago 04 12:00:54 -0400 2010:
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
>>> Weren't we supposed to pass through unmoderated all emails coming from
>>> addresses subscribed to any of the lists?
>>
>> No, that'd make it very easy for spammers, not to mention destroy the
>> main usefulness of the anti "unsubscribe" filters. My recollection is
>> that the way that that bit actually works is that if you're subscribed
>> to any of the lists, you're allowed to post to any other list as if you
>> were a subscriber; we did that mainly to avoid delaying cross-posted
>> mails.
>
> Eh, that's precisely what I'm saying (or trying to).

By default:

configset DEFAULT restrict_post <<ENDAAB
GLOBAL:
ENDAAB

which means that as long as user is registered, they can post ...
registerd != subscribed.

This setting does apply to pgsql-www as well ...

configset pgsql-www restrict_post <<ENDAAB
GLOBAL:
ENDAAB

But even for posts that match that condition, there are other conditions
that also can apply (ie. header lengths, message lengths, admin commands,
duplicate posts, etc) ...

----
Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy(at)hub(dot)org http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ:7615664 MSN:scrappy(at)hub(dot)org