Re: Cacti + PostgreSQL Graphing

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cacti + PostgreSQL Graphing
Date: 2010-03-01 19:09:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Greg, before I start hacking away at it, do you have any examples of using
check_postgres_dbstats with cacti? rather not recreate teh wheel is
someone has already done it ...

thx ...

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010, Greg Smith wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> We are mainly a nagios / cacti environment, and I came across...
>
> Why start with Cacti then? There's way more Nagios integration available;
> the little check_pgsql that comes with it (I think it's still there), and the
> whole list at
> http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Databases/PostgresQL
>
> I'd think that starting with http://bucardo.org/wiki/Check_postgres for
> example would put you way ahead of anything that's available for Cacti.
>
> --
> Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
> PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support
> greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us

----
Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy(at)hub(dot)org http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ:7615664 MSN:scrappy(at)hub(dot)org