"Field is too small" error again

From: "SSY" <ssy(at)chisto(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "Field is too small" error again
Date: 2002-08-28 11:23:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I'm using MS Access'97 as front-end and I need to link PostgreSQL views to
my MS Access database. I have no problems with PG 7.1.3 (on Linux), but
with PG 7.2.1 (on cygwin)...

I get well-known bugs: "Field is too small" error when inserting record to
view with insert rule and "Write Conflict" error when update record in view
with update rule.

I'm only want to know, what can I do: stay with 7.1 forever or wait for 7.3?

Regards, Sergey Smirnov