Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible
Date: 2024-02-23 01:57:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2024-02-23 at 01:35 +0100, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2024, 23:46 Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> The main benefits it has are:

Sorry, I was unclear. I was asking a question about the reason the
ObjectClass and the object_classes[] array exist in the current code,
it wasn't a direct question about your patch.

ObjectClass is only used in a couple places, and I don't immediately
see why those places can't just use the OID of the class (like
OperatorClassRelationId).

Regards,
Jeff Davis