Re: libpq debug log

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Iwata, Aya" <iwata(dot)aya(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, 'Jacob Champion' <pchampion(at)pivotal(dot)io>, 'Jim Doty' <jdoty(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Subject: Re: libpq debug log
Date: 2018-11-28 22:20:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 27/11/2018 08:42, Iwata, Aya wrote:
> I created a new version patch. Please find attached my patch.

This does not excite me. It seems mostly redundant with using tcpdump.

If I were to debug networking problems, I wouldn't even trust this very
much because it relies on the willpower of all future PostgreSQL
developers to keep this accurately up to date, whereas tcpdump gives me
the truth from the kernel.