Add an option to allow run regression test for individual module on Windows build

From: David Zhang <david(dot)zhang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Add an option to allow run regression test for individual module on Windows build
Date: 2020-06-17 00:54:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hackers,

When I was working on an extension on Windows platform, I used the
command 'vcregress contribcheck' to run the regression test for my
module. However, this command will run the regression test for all the
modules, I couldn't find a way to regress test my module only. I think
it would be better to have such an option to make the development be
more efficient (Maybe there is a solution already, but I can't find it).

The attached patch allow user to run the regression test by using either
'vcregress contribcheck' or 'vcregress contribcheck postgres_fdw' if you
want to test your extension directly, for example, 'postgres_fdw'.

--
David

Software Engineer
Highgo Software Inc. (Canada)
www.highgo.ca

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression-test-individual-module-on-windows-build.patch text/plain 2.0 KB