why does old driver need to be removed before build in ant ?

From: aditya Kulkarni <adityapk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: why does old driver need to be removed before build in ant ?
Date: 2004-09-24 21:08:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi...

When i try to build the JDBC driver with ant jar, it says that i need
to remove the older driver from the classpath. When i look at the
build.xml, this is a simple check with a fail message.

I don't understand why this has to be done. How will it affect the
build process? I don't see any problem in compiling the driver and
building the jar . Why is this check present ?

Thanks in advance
--
Aditya Kulkarni