Re: Community instance of PentaBarf?

From: "Gabriele Bartolini" <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Community instance of PentaBarf?
Date: 2008-06-18 06:57:15
Lists: pgsql-www

Ciao Josh,

2008/6/18 Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>:

> Pentabarf is the software which we used to schedule and book all three
> Canada conferences (Anniversary, pgCon1 and 2). It's the most
> full-featured conference presentation management package available in OSS.

Yes ... and a very hard one to install and configure. :)

I'd like us to have an instance of PB installed on a community server so we
> can use it for pgDays and the like. Right now Selena is trying to hack up
> something in Drupal and it'll take a lot of work. PB is Rails, so it's a
> bit of a resource hog, but does run on Postgres. Can we do this?

This is something that we really need. This would speed up the organisation
process for PG conferences worldwide, and also speed up the registration
process, as speakers information will be shared among events.

As Magnus later pointed out, we were just about to raise the issue again for
PGDay EU/IT.

Thanks,
Gabriele