Re: Impact of a name change on third parties (was: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL))

From: "Gabriele Bartolini" <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Shane Ambler" <pgsql(at)sheeky(dot)biz>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Impact of a name change on third parties (was: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL))
Date: 2007-08-31 10:39:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Shane,

2007/8/31, Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)sheeky(dot)biz>:

> Maybe - though some may want to get the last of the "SQL" t-shirts as a
> collectible thing - a part of history

Mhh ... it's not just shirts.

The real question here would be what quantities do people have of these
> products/pamphlets on hand? I have the impression that most gear is made
> up to get ready for a conference/show with no huge leftover budgeted for.

As far as PGDay, that's not the case. Together with most of the European
users and the International group we organised the production of 600
t-shirts to reduce the unitary costs. 200 shirts are for the International
group, some of them have been sold during PGDay 2007 (I do not have the
exact quantity right now). The quantity was intentionally high in order to
be used in the forthcoming OSS events in Europe. It's been an initial
investment that still has to pay up.

But it is not just a matter of t-shirts or pens, as I said. Rather of
communication and promotion. We organised the first flyer that promotes
PostgreSQL in Italian that at least will be used for the next year's
activities.

A rough estimate from those holding stock??

In terms of Euro we are talking about roughly 3-4 thousand (expenses).

Ciao,
Gabriele