Sometimes the output to the stdout in Windows disappears

From: Victor Spirin <v(dot)spirin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sometimes the output to the stdout in Windows disappears
Date: 2020-08-31 18:20:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

Sometimes the output to stdout on Windows on multicore machines does not
go through after connecting and disconnecting to the server using the
PQconnectdbParams and PQfinish functions. I tested on 6 cores.

First we appeared this in some pgbench tests.  Then we found that this
happens on any console program using PQconnectdbParams and PQfinish.

I am attaching a patch and a script for testing.

--
Victor Spirin
Postgres Professional:http://www.postgrespro.com

Attachment Content-Type Size