Re: Conflict between regression tests namespace & transactions due to recent changes

From: Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Conflict between regression tests namespace & transactions due to recent changes
Date: 2023-05-16 08:02:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-05-16 02:19, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 11:23:18PM +0300, Marina Polyakova wrote:
>> Maybe use a separate schema for all new objects in the transaction
>> test?..
>> See diff_set_tx_schema.patch.
>
> Sure, you could do that to bypass the failure (without the "public"
> actually?), leaving non-generic names around. Still I'd agree with
> Tom here and just rename the objects to something more in line with
> the context of the test to make things a bit more greppable. These
> could be renamed as transaction_tab or transaction_view, for example.
> --
> Michael

It confuses me a little that different methods are used for the same
purpose. But the namespace test checks schemas. So see
diff_abc_to_txn_table.patch which replaces abc with txn_table in the
transaction test.

--
Marina Polyakova
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
diff_abc_to_txn_table.patch text/x-diff 15.3 KB