cross compiling postgresql 8.0.1 -- suggestion

From: Vladimir Bychkovsky <vladimir(dot)bychkovsky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cross compiling postgresql 8.0.1 -- suggestion
Date: 2005-03-05 19:31:42
Lists: pgsql-ports

I have cross compiled PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on i386-linux system for
i386-linux-ulibc. Compilation went through smoothly for the most part.

I had a minor issue with the timezone libary (src/timezone). During
installation of this library it tries to runs zic (seem
src/timezone/Makefile). However, since zic binary is included as a
(cross)compilation target (make all), zic ends up being cross
compiled. And, therefore, can not be used on the host system to
perform installation.

A simple solution to this problem is to remove target zic from 'all'
and add it to 'install' target. see attached patch.

Please let me know if there is a better way to solve this problem.

Vlad.

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-timezone-cross.patch application/octet-stream 1.0 KB