max execution time of query

From: S Arvind <arvindwill(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: max execution time of query
Date: 2009-06-05 06:08:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any possibility to mention max time a query can execute from DBCP
side? our DB is Postgres and Container is tomcat 6. we dont want to give the
timeout in postgres for all query but need to set in application side based
on differnet needs? Is it possible?

Is there anyother way to specify the query execution time out while
establishing connection with the help of DBCP in tomcat?

Example, if a query executed from web application then it should not
execute more then 22mins. If it execute more then that means query shold be
cancelled from postgres(important) and java should get exception on this
event. Is it possible?

-Arvind S

*
"Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up."
-Thomas Edison*