Locking table

From: "AshikAli(dot)m" <ashikali(dot)m(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Locking table
Date: 2009-07-08 07:09:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi ,
I want to lock the table from select query .

After locking , Other process can do update or insert but it should not do
select query .
what is the mode of lock I have to use .

I have used ACCESS EXCLUSIVE . But it lock update statement too ..

what I have to do implement this scenario ?

with regards ,
ashik ali