Re: Collapsing (select) row values into single text field.

From: "Allan Kamau" <kamauallan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Filip Rembiałkowski <filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Allan Kamau" <allank(at)sanbi(dot)ac(dot)za>
Subject: Re: Collapsing (select) row values into single text field.
Date: 2008-12-11 03:52:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanks Filip for the User Defined Aggregates information I will look
into it, and compare its performance with the another probable
solution (explained next).
I do recall making use of arrays (then array_to_string()) to do this
kind of collapsing as a subquery in the select clause of a group by
query, but I can not recall the actual syntax.

Allan.