Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Date: 2021-11-17 04:11:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2021-11-03 at 12:50 -0700, Mark Dilger wrote:
> The first two patches are virtually unchanged. The third updates the
> behavior of the apply workers, and updates the documentation to
> match.

v2-0001 corrects some surprises, but may create others. Why is renaming
allowed, but not changing the options? What if we add new options, and
some of them seem benign for a non-superuser to change?

The commit message part of the patch says that it's to prevent non-
superusers from being able to (effectively) create subscriptions, but
don't we want privileged non-superusers to be able to create
subscriptions?

Regards,
Jeff Davis