Re: handling of heap rewrites in logical decoding

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: handling of heap rewrites in logical decoding
Date: 2018-03-16 00:51:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/28/18 13:52, Peter Eisentraut wrote:> Second version, which uses an
OID. I added another field to the output> plugin options (next to the
output_type), to indicate whether the plugin> wants to receive these
changes. I added some test cases to> test_decoding to show how it works
either way. It's a bit messy to pass> this setting through to the
ReorderBuffer; maybe there is a better idea.> But the result seems
pretty useful.
Here is a rebased update of this patch. No functionality changes
compared to v2.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Handle-heap-rewrites-even-better-in-logical-decod.patch text/plain 39.5 KB