Re: RFE: Window classes on linux build

From: Cheetah <fastcat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFE: Window classes on linux build
Date: 2004-11-14 21:14:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:00:12 +0000, Andreas Pflug
<pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de> wrote:
> Cheetah wrote:
>
> > When working with pgadmin3 in linux, it'd be nice to have it set a
> > window class besides "frame.frame" so that settings can be applied to
> > it in the window manager (windowmaker for me). Right now it shows up
>
> Can you provide working code for that?
> We could put that in 1.3/1.4.

Currently in my wxPerl app, I do something approximately like:

$name = "AppName_WindowName";
my $this = My::Frame::Class->new($parent, -1, "title", wxDefaultPosition, $size,
$styles, $name);

And thus the window class when running under wxGTK becomes
"AppName_WindowName.AppName_WindowName". I figured that bit out from
looking at the base wxGTK sources, so the fact that I'm using wxPerl
shouldn't interfere. The wxTopLevelWindow class just takes the name
parameter and uses it for both pieces of the window class.

HTH,
--
-- Cheetah