Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller

From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Carey <scott(at)richrelevance(dot)com>, Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller
Date: 2009-02-18 09:03:48
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> have you tried hanging bunch of raid1 to linux's md, and let it do
> raid0 for you ?

Hmmm , i will have only 3 bunches in that case as system has to boot
from first bunch
as system has only 8 drives. i think reducing spindles will reduce perf.

I also have a SATA SAN though from which i can boot!
but the server needs to be rebuilt in that case too.
I (may) give it a shot.

regds
-- mallah.