Re: transactional shared variable in postgresql

From: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Volkan YAZICI" <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: transactional shared variable in postgresql
Date: 2006-11-18 17:58:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 11/18/06, Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Nov 18 06:00, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
> > Is there any way to set a variable from a web application (using
> > dbi/perl , libpq etc), and access the same variable from a C trigger
> > inside a transaction ?
>
> Why don't you use a temporary table for that purpose?

sounds good, what i understand you mean to say that i create a temp table
(with on commit drop option) insert my value there and read the value
from inside the trigger.

i do not know about the performance aspect of this approach though.
i was thinking of a method that could be performed everytime my webapp
connected to database.

regds
mallah.