Re: converting epoch to timestamp

From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: converting epoch to timestamp
Date: 2005-10-28 04:28:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 10/26/05, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com> wrote:
> Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to convert epoch to timestamp ?
> >
> > ie reverse of :
> >
> > SELECT EXTRACT( epoch FROM now() );
>
> I'd start with either Google or the manuals.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/functions-datetime.html

Firstly Thanks everyone for the response.

I did read this document but not too carefully hence missed.
I missed because i was not careful and partly because i was not expecting that
little note to be under documentation of EXTRACT which deals with getting
date/time sub fields. I am no documentation expert just trying to explain
why i could not find it.

PS: sorry for late reply

Regds
Mallah.