should libpq also require TLSv1.2 by default?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: should libpq also require TLSv1.2 by default?
Date: 2020-06-24 06:39:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In PG13, we raised the server-side default of ssl_min_protocol_version
to TLSv1.2. We also added a connection setting named
ssl_min_protocol_version to libpq. But AFAICT, the default value of the
libpq setting is empty, so any protocol version will be accepted. Is
this what we wanted? Should we raise the default in libpq as well?