DB crashed and duplicated template0 db

From: "Luki Rustianto" <lukirus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "General PostgreSQL List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DB crashed and duplicated template0 db
Date: 2007-07-06 09:30:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

One of my customer's server goes down, I don't know yet how, but when
when they restart the machine I got this:
1. DB is working like usual
2. template0 and template1 database is *duplicated*
3. I can't do pg_dump, because error returned (see below)

How can I backup the database (other than template0 and template1) ?
How can this happen (duplicated db entry) ?

below is the log:

[korp(at)bum ~]$ psql -Utest -l
Password:
List of databases
Name | Owner | Encoding
--------------+----------+-----------
template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
tmed | test | SQL_ASCII
tmed_drei | test | SQL_ASCII
(6 rows)

[korp(at)bum ~]$ pg_dump -x -O -Utest tmed > db.sql Password:
pg_dump: query to obtain list of schemas failed: ERROR: more than one
row returned by a subquery used as an expression

[terakorp(at)bumel ~]$ psql -Utest teramed -c "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM
regpatient" Password:
count
--------
135223
(1 row)

[terakorp(at)bumel ~]$ psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.4.8
contains support for command-line editing

thx.