Time-based trigger/procedure

From: André Silva <andre(dot)beat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Time-based trigger/procedure
Date: 2009-04-09 00:12:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a table that defines a programmed service that does something
automatically every time interval (days, weeks, months) from a beginning
date to a ending date.
How can I do this in postgresql? I have no access to the OS, so cron is not
an option.

I'm sorry if my english is a bit confusing but it is not my main language.

Regards,
André.