Re: Key encryption and relational integrity

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Moreno Andreo <moreno(dot)andreo(at)evolu-s(dot)it>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Key encryption and relational integrity
Date: 2019-03-29 19:23:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On 3/29/19 9:01 AM, Moreno Andreo wrote:

> And I tried to find a solution, and since I did not like that much what
> I found (and it seems that neither you do :-) ), I came here hoping that
> someone would share his experience to shed some light on the topic.

From what you have posted the biggest issue you are having is less then
real time search on patient names due to the need to meet
pseudonymisation. To me that is always going to be a problem as there
are two opposing forces at work, overhead to implement pseudonymisation
vs quick lookup. Might be time to lower expectations on what can be done.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com