postgresql-postGIS problem detected in pgadmin

From: "m zyzy" <myzyzy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql-postGIS problem detected in pgadmin
Date: 2009-01-15 08:03:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am using pgadminIII 1.8.4 (tar.gz -built from source) , postgresql
8.3.4(rpm from default packages repo) and postgis
(postgis-1.3.3-4.fc10.i386.rpm) (installed using fedora10 rpm -i / -ivh
command) . These 3 have been installed successfully.

But to my horror , when I trying to create a new database , UTF8, using
postGIS template in pgadmin , the option is not even there in the template's
dropdown list . Which I am suspecting a faulty postGIS installation . Prior
to installing the postgis rpm version, I tried many times to install from
source but to no avail with error message ' PostgreSQL is required' when
POstgreSQL is already installed months before ....