Re: A test for replay of regression tests

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A test for replay of regression tests
Date: 2022-01-27 20:27:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/21/22 16:22, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 1/21/22 13:58, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 3:42 PM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>> Thanks. I added that and pushed. Let's see if fairywren likes it
>>> when it comes back online.
>> A watched pot never boils, but I wonder why Andrew's 4 Windows
>> configurations jacana, bowerbird, fairywren and drongo have stopped
>> returning results.
>

> I think I have unstuck both machines. I will keep an eye on them and
> make sure they don't get stuck again.

fairywren is not happy with the recovery tests still.

I have noticed on a different setup that this test adds 11 minutes to
the runtime of the recovery tests, effectively doubling it. The doubling
is roughly true on faster setups, too. At least I would like a simple
way to disable the test.

I'm not very happy about that.

cheers

andrew