Re: jdbc and nfs

From: "Christian Bourque" <christian(dot)bourque(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Cramer" <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: jdbc and nfs
Date: 2008-02-17 03:14:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

No it hasn't anything to do with the classpath I've used...

I've investigated the problem a little bit further by profiling my
simple jdbc test class and found out that most of the time is spent in
this class:

sun.security.pkcs11.wrapper.PKCS11.C_Initialize

98% of the time is spent in that function with 3694 calls (well it
will last forever if I don't kill the process)!

So I guess it's a problem with Sun/Solaris security mixed with nfs issue...

Christian