Re: meson oddities

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: meson oddities
Date: 2023-01-04 22:17:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04.01.23 20:35, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Unless someone comes up with a proposal to address the above broader issues,
>> also taking into account current packaging practices etc., then I think we
>> should do a short-term solution to either port the subdir-appending to the
>> meson scripts or remove it from the makefiles (or maybe a bit of both).
> Just to be clear, with 'subdir-appending' you mean libdir defaulting to
> 'lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' (or similar)? Or do you mean adding 'postgresql' into
> various dirs when the path doesn't already contain postgres?
>
> I did try to mirror the 'postgresql' adding bit in the meson build.

I meant the latter, which I see is already in there, but it doesn't
actually fully work. It only looks at the subdirectory (like "lib"),
not the whole path (like "/usr/local/pgsql/lib"). With the attached
patch I have it working and I get the same installation layout from both
build systems.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-meson-Fix-installation-path-computation.patch text/plain 1.6 KB