Re: Full GUID support

From: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Full GUID support
Date: 2011-07-03 20:30:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter,

I don't believe that the library that the contrib module runs with can run
on Window 64 bit servers or even Windows 7 64 bit. That is problem as most
shops are using 64 bit OS and if Window the contrib module is going to fail.
Taking the responsibility to handle this internally means that you can
write your own implementation not based on a libary that can't handle
Windows 64 bit.

Best Regards

Michael Gould