Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql

From: "Tang, Haiying" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)cn(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql
Date: 2021-02-07 07:06:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hackers,

When using psql I found there's no tab completion for upper character inputs. It's really inconvenient sometimes so I try to fix this problem in the attached patch.

Here is the examples to show what this patch can do.
Action:
1. connect the db using psql
2. input SQL command
3. enter TAB key(twice at the very first time)

Results:
[master]
postgres=# set a
all allow_system_table_mods application_name array_nulls
postgres=# set A

postgres=# set A

[patched]
postgres=# set a
all allow_system_table_mods application_name array_nulls
postgres=# set A
ALL ALLOW_SYSTEM_TABLE_MODS APPLICATION_NAME ARRAY_NULLS
postgres=# set A

Please take a check at this patch. Any comment is welcome.

Regards,
Tang

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Support-tab-completion-for-upper-character-inputs-in.patch application/octet-stream 3.7 KB